Do I hate my SELF?

Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Um yeah I think so. I am starting to anyways. Do I hate myself no. Do I hate my SELF, yeah it's starting to get on my nerves. Anyone get what I am saying? myself and my SELF are not the same.

The tug of war continues where as I give in to old, refuse to give into new, am holding on to who knows what. I am a weak and unworthy christian. I still want my SELF to be pleased, to do things that I want to. What happened to me wanting what God wants?

Why do I let my own excuses rule over my choices and things I do. Case in point is that right now it seems that the only way that I can help is working at a call center for the Red Cross, and I worked call centers for 5 years, and I just don't want to help this way. I want to have a more hands on personal way of serving. Why must I allow my own feelings stop me from doing what very well could be God's work? Selfish pride? Yeah I am better than that. I want to help my way.

So I guess I do not completely understand what it means to serve. I know I want to serve and I continue onward serving more when I can. Yet some times I still do it for my own glory. Or is it God's glory and then my own frustrations are clouding this.

Am I a victim of the hurricane? Maybe. I am thinking things over and over. And the beatitudes seemed to take place in this event. Seeing all the suffering I see what I have and complain. I have so much good or bad, but I have so much and how thankful am I? what does it mean to give up possessions...it means to not take rewards here on this side of the clouds, yet give them away and then we shall receive on the other side.

Oh how long Lord will I forget you?

The burden on my heart grows to help and serve and bring forth something in others. Yet my burden to draw closer towards God and further away from my old, does not grow. It does slightly, yet I run back to the old, back to my SELF. The one person I care about, and not wanting to suffer.

Christ suffered. Yet I cannot, well I do not. I do not want. And this may be yet another point where I fail. I am so sorry for letting God down, for letting myself down, for wanting to do good. I want to do good soooo much that I do not want to do God.

I lack intimacy. As intimacy also means submissions. And means to loose my SELF, die to my SELF. Submit to outside my own will. This is why I cannot have an intimate relationship here on earth. I want to be the perfect husband and hero so much that I do not let go of SELF. And there are so many things that need to be let go of.

There are so many out there with so little in the world, missionaries with barely any food and only a bible if even at that at times, and I sit here in comfy stuff that I complain. Why in the hell can I not let go? I think Hell would be an appropriate term in this case. As this is where I will end up if I do not learn to let go.

I hate my SELF, yet not enough. I am not the hero. God is. Yet I am impatient and prideful I want it all.

More thoughts to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

daily.verse

script provided by biblegateway.com

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a Free Online Diet

Special.Collections


  • A Journey Becoming
  • On the Job: Evil Tom Saga

    journey.tom


  • My Diet blog - hosted by SparkPeople.com
  • blogger.profile
  • my.story
  • AIM: JustCoolTom

    who.said.what


  • Commenter // Comment

    previous.journies


  • A morning of calls
  • A calling in his hands
  • 9-6-05
  • An eye on me...
  • Not letting go...
  • A cool breeze and tagged
  • Funk you very much
  • The voice grows
  • Quit screwing off!!!
  • Christians are right and everyone is WRONG!
  • journies.archive


  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • links.tom


  • My Writings
  • My photography blog
  • Mr. Branch Photography
  • sojourn.community

    links.other


  • The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Relevant Magazine
  • Bible Gateway
  • Bible.com
  • XXX Church
  • Dave Ramsey
  • For Faith and Family
  • Pure Life Ministries

    sojourn.blogs


  • Bobby
  • Paul
  • Jason
  • Lorie
  • Nikki
  • Nick
  • Lindsay
  • Jesse
  • Jessica

    blogs.other


  • Heather Gemmen
  • Joshua Harris
  • Misha
  • Rabby

    blogroll.christian


    Thy way, not mine, O lord


    Thy way, not mine, O Lord,
    However dark it be;
    Lead me by Thine own hand,
    Choose out the path for me.

    Smooth let it be or rough,
    It will be still the best;
    Winding or straight, it leads
    Right onward to Thy rest.

    I dare not choose my lot;
    I would not, if I might;
    Choose Thou for me, my God,
    So I shall walk aright.

    Take Thou my cup, and it
    With joy or sorrow fill,
    As best to Thee may seem;
    Choose Thou my good and ill.

    Choose Thou for me my friends,
    My sickness or my health;
    Choose Thou my cares for me
    My poverty or wealth.

    The kingdom that I seek
    Is Thine: so let the way
    That leads to it be Thine,
    Else I must surely stray.

    Not mine, not mine the choice
    In things or great or small;
    Be Thou my Guide, my Strength
    My Wisdom, and my All.

    ~Horatius Bonar