An eye on me...

Thursday, September 01, 2005
You know the best thing I love about the almighty, his loving reminders that he has not forgotten about us. His way of letting us know he is already thinking of us and has his way of providing for us. Today was such a day. Well there were enough downs but it all wrapped up nicely in the end.

Right now sitting once again with no air conditioner and the night air flowing in from my fan hearing the crickets and feeling great. I love this time of year for that right there. Just nice and cool. Yet I am braggin almost when there is an area of this country in much worse case than I am.

This has hurt me watching what is going on down therre. I want to cry and I want to hurt those wronging others, raping, murdering, and shooting those that are helping. I want to cry out to God with my loudest voice!!!! I wished I could clal upon his thunder and strike them down. Alas I cannot. Yet my anger grows equal to my sadness for those down there.

The sad thing is, if this is a teaser trailer for the end of times....I am scared. Very frightened. This is man. This is who man is. Even in the darkest of times, sin still runs amok and battles against God's glory and grace and well God. I did not see anarchy like this. And now I really know what it is. 9/11 we were united...now something like this and we are scattered. Why? I know that my anger cannot match God's anger on this. If this all that man was back in the day of Noah....no wonder he decided to wipe us all out. This is here on our home soil. The sin of man knows no country or boundries other than himself....or herself whichever.

Right now I can only pray and hope that God's will is being done and there are people clinging and folowing God no matter what. I hope that his word is being spread and carried out. I hope that people find Christ during the ends of thier lives. This is a bad time, yet also a great time for God's children to work, and time for God to be found. This is the best of times, this is the worst of times.

Now my day was fairly depressed, well deep hearted sadness and anger for the region. ANd depressed that I may not be able to go home for my reunion. The only time of the year that I can get to see my family, I now may not be able to. And this saddens me. Feeling down anytime that I get to be alone during family times tongiht at group I saw I was not alone. I had one offer for a 20 to get me there. Things are tight enough that 20 would not do the trick. Things can be pulled off but it's gonna be a trick to do so.

ANd when I got home there was a pacakge for me from my dad's girlfriend it was some coffee for the coffee machine they bought me last time I was down there and a check for $40. Which was great. It is for some pictures I need to print off and mail to them. It will not take me that much, and will still give me a few bucks left over. ALso I was told of a job opportunity for part time that I could try for, and even a frined feeling out a few things for taking on a roomate possibly.

Even at that the apartment complex he lives in would be $100 less a month for me to live there. SO even if anything else that would be a good chunk of change right off bat. So there is an opportunity to save some money. The roomate thing would work if we can get three of us in on it, that would make it cheap, but if we get all three of us Christians, that can add a new level of accountability. I havelived with non-christian friends before and it seemed to be a friction between us. Not from the religion, well somewhat, but there was a wall around us and made things a wee bit more difficult. At least with christians we can be accountable and able to be form but loving, rahter than my way or else attitude. At least that is what I am hoping. But that would definatly help me get a few things in order and think of others more than myself.

So tonight God let me know there is a way if I choose wisdom, there are others that are thinking and praying for me, and that things may change, there islight coming at the end of the tunnel so to speak. (below...this is what it feels like)

MEMO
TO: Tom
FROM: GOD
Hey Tom just to let you know I have not forgotten about you. I am working on a few things for you about the concerns you have told me for some time now. Take heart knowing that things are working out but I need you to follow and have patience. You have taken some steps towards me, and even a few back, yet I wanted to take this time to tell you that your words have not gone unheard. Please keep them coming. I love hearing from you.

Sincerely,

GOD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

daily.verse

script provided by biblegateway.com

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a Free Online Diet

Special.Collections


  • A Journey Becoming
  • On the Job: Evil Tom Saga

    journey.tom


  • My Diet blog - hosted by SparkPeople.com
  • blogger.profile
  • my.story
  • AIM: JustCoolTom

    who.said.what


  • Commenter // Comment

    previous.journies


  • Not letting go...
  • A cool breeze and tagged
  • Funk you very much
  • The voice grows
  • Quit screwing off!!!
  • Christians are right and everyone is WRONG!
  • Where did the storm go?
  • A hopefullly stormy friday
  • Confronted, enlightened, confesions, and more
  • The last 72 hours
  • journies.archive


  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • links.tom


  • My Writings
  • My photography blog
  • Mr. Branch Photography
  • sojourn.community

    links.other


  • The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Relevant Magazine
  • Bible Gateway
  • Bible.com
  • XXX Church
  • Dave Ramsey
  • For Faith and Family
  • Pure Life Ministries

    sojourn.blogs


  • Bobby
  • Paul
  • Jason
  • Lorie
  • Nikki
  • Nick
  • Lindsay
  • Jesse
  • Jessica

    blogs.other


  • Heather Gemmen
  • Joshua Harris
  • Misha
  • Rabby

    blogroll.christian


    Thy way, not mine, O lord


    Thy way, not mine, O Lord,
    However dark it be;
    Lead me by Thine own hand,
    Choose out the path for me.

    Smooth let it be or rough,
    It will be still the best;
    Winding or straight, it leads
    Right onward to Thy rest.

    I dare not choose my lot;
    I would not, if I might;
    Choose Thou for me, my God,
    So I shall walk aright.

    Take Thou my cup, and it
    With joy or sorrow fill,
    As best to Thee may seem;
    Choose Thou my good and ill.

    Choose Thou for me my friends,
    My sickness or my health;
    Choose Thou my cares for me
    My poverty or wealth.

    The kingdom that I seek
    Is Thine: so let the way
    That leads to it be Thine,
    Else I must surely stray.

    Not mine, not mine the choice
    In things or great or small;
    Be Thou my Guide, my Strength
    My Wisdom, and my All.

    ~Horatius Bonar