Measuring my cross

Saturday, April 30, 2005
Well it seems I was sending off a different voice that was well received yesterday. And a direction given. I can get all nice dramatic and mystical but I won't. I read Romans 7 and 8, well most of 7. I may need to re-read it as it made more sense this time.

Yesterday's topics really did come back to the anonymous comment left in a previous post. That and the phoneix story, well poetry I guess you could call it, well now know that it's wrong. Looking at it in a different light it's where I know that I will never completely get rid of sin.

It did hit me not to long back about Jesus and his death. He had no sins but still died. I have heard over and over "yadda yadda yadda he died for our sins yadda yadda yadda" but never really saw it in perspective. I typically only hear that. Now asking myself how did he die if he was without sin. That God has said that we shall die form our sins yet Jesus had none? That's when he took out sins. And when I look at is as an order (this before thatn then that...rather than a command) it does seem to hit me.

I guess I am still applying that into my faith/life. To be able to understand that more. Knowing him better may be the key to some of the issues I am going through.

Now all is good that things got a new direction and seemed to work in a circle...the good kind not the redundant type. Now I have another book to read which is cool. This one deals with maturing in out faith. Which sounds most like what I need. That and I got an extra copy of the book for Trent and now we can go over a chapter or two when we do our weekly accountability meetings. And then when that's over I can meet again with Daniel and see where I am from there.

From what I am seeing I find is wrong. And God loves to be humbling. As every time I think I have something figured out or am on the start of the road, making progress, or starting to understand he loves to shoe me that I am not. He has been showing me from another angle or through someone else's eyes.

This is one of the things I love about him. I jut wished he would let me take Jesus bowling one night. Just bowling in a smoke free bowling alley, downing a few beers or wine whatever his conscious permits. And chilling out bowling a few and talking things out. Not looking for the answers in life but to ask a few things and come to a few understandings. That would be cool. I know he will make perfect strikes each time and I will have my normal "I broke 100" celebrations when I do.

So from where I am now is trying to look at a few things I have heard and seen before from different angles. Also based upon this re-occurring anonymous comment that seems to keep surfacing and the illustration Daniel gave me yesterday (which seems to fit perfectly now that I reflect upon it) to understand exactly how great my sins are and knowing and understanding god and his glory to see where the cross does lye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

daily.verse

script provided by biblegateway.com

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a Free Online Diet

Special.Collections


  • A Journey Becoming
  • On the Job: Evil Tom Saga

    journey.tom


  • My Diet blog - hosted by SparkPeople.com
  • blogger.profile
  • my.story
  • AIM: JustCoolTom

    who.said.what


  • Commenter // Comment

    previous.journies


  • Rebooted...
  • Where's the reboot switch?
  • Family portait
  • Things that make me go ????
  • Phoenix
  • A swing and a miss
  • Sittin in the cold....again
  • My sins....(cont'd)
  • Ramblings and Reflections
  • All things relevant...
  • journies.archive


  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • links.tom


  • My Writings
  • My photography blog
  • Mr. Branch Photography
  • sojourn.community

    links.other


  • The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Relevant Magazine
  • Bible Gateway
  • Bible.com
  • XXX Church
  • Dave Ramsey
  • For Faith and Family
  • Pure Life Ministries

    sojourn.blogs


  • Bobby
  • Paul
  • Jason
  • Lorie
  • Nikki
  • Nick
  • Lindsay
  • Jesse
  • Jessica

    blogs.other


  • Heather Gemmen
  • Joshua Harris
  • Misha
  • Rabby

    blogroll.christian


    Thy way, not mine, O lord


    Thy way, not mine, O Lord,
    However dark it be;
    Lead me by Thine own hand,
    Choose out the path for me.

    Smooth let it be or rough,
    It will be still the best;
    Winding or straight, it leads
    Right onward to Thy rest.

    I dare not choose my lot;
    I would not, if I might;
    Choose Thou for me, my God,
    So I shall walk aright.

    Take Thou my cup, and it
    With joy or sorrow fill,
    As best to Thee may seem;
    Choose Thou my good and ill.

    Choose Thou for me my friends,
    My sickness or my health;
    Choose Thou my cares for me
    My poverty or wealth.

    The kingdom that I seek
    Is Thine: so let the way
    That leads to it be Thine,
    Else I must surely stray.

    Not mine, not mine the choice
    In things or great or small;
    Be Thou my Guide, my Strength
    My Wisdom, and my All.

    ~Horatius Bonar