Intimate Dancing II

Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Now that I have had an evening of ponderings I can actually collect a few of the thoughts from last night. If you have not seen Take the Lead, I would suggest doing so. It has a good message in it and really opens you up to thinking about dancing. It is still an urban kinda flick, but it is a feel good flick in the end, at least it was to me.

In the movie Antonio Banderas is a ballroom dance instructor that becomes a teacher for some detention students. Well there is always that one jerkwad of a teacher that believes its all about students knowing math and not how to relate to one another in life. He puts the heat on Antonio's character and he now has to answer to the PTA who was about to fire him. Even though he was a volunteer.

Now when he was able to talk, in fact he had to force his way to talk as Mr. Jerkwad tried to not let him, he mentioned several factors of dancing. If a man can learn to give respect on the dancefloor how would he treat women? If a loner type student learned to dance how would he work with others? He had many great points. The best is for the men learning to respect women in different ways.

He was teaching some NYC high school students so sex was pretty much atop of their lists. After hearing this the parents started to listen. He even gave a demonstration with the principal (female). He won the position all over again.

Just to think of how one could relate to women (ok this is taken form a mans point of view) to take the lead and headship. As the point was made in the movie it's not just about dancing, its about applying it to life. I have wanted to dance for a while, especially after I saw some swing and Jive. Now let's put a different spin on things.

Now another fellow blogger Christine has made an entry on her dancing escapedes. For those that know her just think of that song "Maniac" from the 80's (she's a maniac on the dance floor), at least putting her in that music vide is just funny. I bet my good ol' pal Rabby would agree.

But to the point check out her entry here titled Divine feeling of being led by man. It is a good read and really hit this from a ladie's point of view. So guys if you are listening take notes......WOMEN LIKE THIS STUFF.

But let's slow things down and put a lil christinaity on this. Where God calls the men to become the leaders. Now even on the dance floor, just think if that were life how do we dance? I mean life not the dance floor. Even from the movie and reading one of the last lines from Christine's blog is that dance is not a change or becoming some one different. It is learning about yourself and control. How one relates ot oneself and then relates to others. And then taking that, harnessing that energy and knowledge, and applying it to a partner and anyone in life.

This isn't Dirty Dancing here at all. In fact it is still very encouraging. Just from watching the movie alone. There is some history, very brief, but it tells where dance came from. Here is the kicker that gets me about the whole thing. Even in taking this to life, realationships, and godly headship (in a relationship) was that when the warriors came back from battle and were going to celebrate the victory they were expected to dance and take control. If you just won on the battle field you now were to come back and win on the homefield. I beleive I got most of that right. I need to watch the movie again to make sure I got it.

But those just wanting to get out and learn some social skills or those who want to apply dance to life, I would highly recremend it. I am making it a goal instead of a dream myself. Now how to do it I know I can, but doing it, that's another aspect all together.

But the male headship in the walk of the christian man is still a heavy topic. Another blogger Jessica had made an antry after a hiatus that really hits that same point. But this time from a females point of view. Click to read Strong Women vs Weak Men. Now being a guy I have heard the other side more often then the one she heard. Yet however she is right. In a nutshell many women get the end of the stick that they are too dominate or strong in a relationship and therefore do not live up to godly standards in a realtionship.

Like dancing both have to work at it. The male still has the bulk of the stress with most of the moves, yet the women still have to follow as if they do not follow the male cannot lead. It is a dance. It is not about leading by pulling a lady that does nto want to move. When a woman wants to move she has a certain flow to her. Men really should take the lead but that does not mean change her speed. Women are to submit to their husbands as stated in the bible, yet the men are to submit to thier wives. Try dancing to that.

Men want to move fast and women want to move slow yet at a pace. The man is to slow down to her flow, earn her trust and lead her into not hot pace, but thier pace. Let me submit to her while she submits to me and together we have our own pace. Even then both should not focus on the other in this dance, there is only one dance they should worry about. And that is for God. If either focus outside that box, things start to happen. In a godly relationship it is not finding a man to lead, it is not about finding a woman to support and follow, it is about following God and making that the first most intimate relationship. Follow those standards and laws set by God with the life of Christ.

In fact one of the comments to a recent blog of mine said:
God wants all of you first. When you can let go and trust Him, become completely satisfied where you are, God will surprise you with the most precious gift of all. But, first, God must be able to trust you to keep Him first at all times. When you have a wife, it is easy to put her above all things. Ask God to be your complete satisfaction. He will.


When dancing this dance why do we not stop and think, Lord how do I dance this dance with you? As in the life he gave us, how do we live it? How do we dance it? May the lord help women support and build up men, may the men learn to lead yet not lead unto themselves yet lead only to God.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I think you said it best when you said, "women like this stuff." Women truly do enjoy a strong male leader. Not a domineering leader, but a good leader. Somehow men who are loving leaders need to begin to share their stories and wisdom with those striving to get there. I hear men say too often, "I want to be the leader, but I don't know how to go about it."

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 12:13:00 PM  
Blogger Larry007 said...

A good way is to talk to a man who is doing a good job of being a leader in the family. Ask the woman, look at what he does, find a style you like, try to imitate what's done, think like him and then shape it to your way. Hang around families, couples, groups who are doing what you want to do and seem to click.

It's like business - find a model, do a little reading and start imitating and eventually you put your own spin on it. It takes work but it can be worth it with the right person who wants this in the relationship with you.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 8:04:00 PM  
Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

This was very poignant, Tom. I really like the comparison of dancing to life ... and marriage. It is really incredible how alike dancing, marriage is. It takes two in concert in order to move forward fluidly. Otherwise it's not so pretty. Good points.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 3:43:00 PM  
Blogger ckjolly said...

Dude, you can't compare me to the chick from "Maniac"! LOL!

Sunday, August 06, 2006 6:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

daily.verse

script provided by biblegateway.com

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a Free Online Diet

Special.Collections


  • A Journey Becoming
  • On the Job: Evil Tom Saga

    journey.tom


  • My Diet blog - hosted by SparkPeople.com
  • blogger.profile
  • my.story
  • AIM: JustCoolTom

    who.said.what


  • Commenter // Comment
  • Blogger Jessica // said...
  • Blogger Larry007 // said...
  • Blogger Refreshment in Refuge // said...
  • Blogger ckjolly // said...

    previous.journies


  • intimate dancing
  • singles sites keep you single
  • A mountain of...
  • A side of anger with an extra order of frustration
  • Snapshot
  • No job
  • Getting late, getting tired
  • As I thought...
  • Some more ramblins...
  • Everybody, ready, set, *YAWN*
  • journies.archive


  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • links.tom


  • My Writings
  • My photography blog
  • Mr. Branch Photography
  • sojourn.community

    links.other


  • The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Relevant Magazine
  • Bible Gateway
  • Bible.com
  • XXX Church
  • Dave Ramsey
  • For Faith and Family
  • Pure Life Ministries

    sojourn.blogs


  • Bobby
  • Paul
  • Jason
  • Lorie
  • Nikki
  • Nick
  • Lindsay
  • Jesse
  • Jessica

    blogs.other


  • Heather Gemmen
  • Joshua Harris
  • Misha
  • Rabby

    blogroll.christian


    Thy way, not mine, O lord


    Thy way, not mine, O Lord,
    However dark it be;
    Lead me by Thine own hand,
    Choose out the path for me.

    Smooth let it be or rough,
    It will be still the best;
    Winding or straight, it leads
    Right onward to Thy rest.

    I dare not choose my lot;
    I would not, if I might;
    Choose Thou for me, my God,
    So I shall walk aright.

    Take Thou my cup, and it
    With joy or sorrow fill,
    As best to Thee may seem;
    Choose Thou my good and ill.

    Choose Thou for me my friends,
    My sickness or my health;
    Choose Thou my cares for me
    My poverty or wealth.

    The kingdom that I seek
    Is Thine: so let the way
    That leads to it be Thine,
    Else I must surely stray.

    Not mine, not mine the choice
    In things or great or small;
    Be Thou my Guide, my Strength
    My Wisdom, and my All.

    ~Horatius Bonar