What's so good about Friday

Friday, March 25, 2005
Well once again another holiday snuck up on me and I almost missed it. Well no I didn't. In fact this is the first time I celebrated it...if I recall correctly. Tonight there was a breif sermon to mark good friday. It was short, and very to the point. Still moving. And I don't think they watered down the wine. It was a bit strong...not that I am complaining.

But it was very strong. I do look forward to Sunday's service for Easter. I had hoped to watch the Passion tongiht, and I still might. But it takes a certain mindset to watch it. So I am not sure if I am up to it or not. But knowing someone went through all that is just mind boggling. I would more than likely benefit from watching it again.

Today was a very long day and so wil this whole weekend be. I have a paper to write to prove a point about swearing or choosing an audience in conversation. I do not want it to spark anything I just want to show where I am coming from. I have a few ideas how to carefully word it. Today in my weekly accounability meeting we discussed it on a few points. So who knows what may come of it. I shall start writing it tomorrow. AS then I can have a clean start on it and nothing else going on.

Since today I had company over twice I did some cleaning. So now the place looks presntable...well to select people that is. Then after the service I went to help one of the other memebers do some moving. I really do not mind it especially when there are several people doing it. It's fun and a team effort so it feels so much better.

So needless to say I feel beat and feel great about it. Outside of cleaning today I did not spend alone much at all. Which was very cool.

Which God answers when we are ready to ehar I guess or accept life on his terms and not worry about things. In fact it's getting to a point where when I see prayers answered I do not even want to think about them, just accept them and move onward.

As now I get ready to meditate where my life is, I stop to look back at the last near 40 days. And how much now things are in motion and how differently I feel about certain things. And how I act now. Also I am feeling I can see sin in other means now. For one no matter how much I sin God is still there. Or gives me another challenge. Also when we fail to live like Christ that I feel is a sin. And looking at so much the world of today has got us in good.

Maybe these thigns are not meant to be solved in a day, but set in motion as God's hands molds the lump of clay my life is into the amazing jar he wants when it is done.

So maybe it's time to stop, invoke James 1:19, just silence my thoughts and let God take it from there, just let it soak in? Maybe it's time to just be, Just be Tom.

My dear brothers,take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry (James 1:19 NIV)

He died for us a very brutal death. So maybe I can listen if for at least one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

daily.verse

script provided by biblegateway.com

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a Free Online Diet

Special.Collections


  • A Journey Becoming
  • On the Job: Evil Tom Saga

    journey.tom


  • My Diet blog - hosted by SparkPeople.com
  • blogger.profile
  • my.story
  • AIM: JustCoolTom

    who.said.what


  • Commenter // Comment

    previous.journies


  • Where is Joseph when ya need him?
  • WWJD vs WWJHMD?
  • Sermon in, sermon out
  • I lost a verse...
  • Quality....it is all about quality
  • Always there waiting....
  • I read the same book as a killer
  • He knocked on my door three times...
  • Turning point....?
  • On forgiving...
  • journies.archive


  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • links.tom


  • My Writings
  • My photography blog
  • Mr. Branch Photography
  • sojourn.community

    links.other


  • The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Relevant Magazine
  • Bible Gateway
  • Bible.com
  • XXX Church
  • Dave Ramsey
  • For Faith and Family
  • Pure Life Ministries

    sojourn.blogs


  • Bobby
  • Paul
  • Jason
  • Lorie
  • Nikki
  • Nick
  • Lindsay
  • Jesse
  • Jessica

    blogs.other


  • Heather Gemmen
  • Joshua Harris
  • Misha
  • Rabby

    blogroll.christian


    Thy way, not mine, O lord


    Thy way, not mine, O Lord,
    However dark it be;
    Lead me by Thine own hand,
    Choose out the path for me.

    Smooth let it be or rough,
    It will be still the best;
    Winding or straight, it leads
    Right onward to Thy rest.

    I dare not choose my lot;
    I would not, if I might;
    Choose Thou for me, my God,
    So I shall walk aright.

    Take Thou my cup, and it
    With joy or sorrow fill,
    As best to Thee may seem;
    Choose Thou my good and ill.

    Choose Thou for me my friends,
    My sickness or my health;
    Choose Thou my cares for me
    My poverty or wealth.

    The kingdom that I seek
    Is Thine: so let the way
    That leads to it be Thine,
    Else I must surely stray.

    Not mine, not mine the choice
    In things or great or small;
    Be Thou my Guide, my Strength
    My Wisdom, and my All.

    ~Horatius Bonar