WWJD vs WWJHMD?

Tuesday, March 22, 2005
Now time to reflect all the differnt things I have heard this week. One point made was it's not what would jeasus do it's what would jesus HAVE ME do? Which I can see that point.

As looking at the bible we know what he would do. But do we do that? Well thats the case in point right there. But rather maybe we could look at what would he have us, or myself do? This is a very good point and I am not sure how to answer. Becasue after I got feedback from Lorie, a new point has been brought up that leaves me into pondering.

Which is getting to know him more than we do. Thinking about it, I do spend (as well as so many others) alot of time trying to figure out what we can, or would, should, could do that we tend to froget about knowing him. Instead of knowing how I should resolve issues or resolve them....why not get to know the lord and his heart...what is really behind it.

And when we start understanding God and wanting to become more Christlike then things start to change. We are commanded to love one another as we would ourselves, but if we only love ourselves to think about ourselves all the time then how can we love others? Many thoughts are coming to me on this so its hard to sort them out. But what I do get out of it is maybe stop being as self focused as I am and become more focused on christ.

I guess this is where I would need to lear to submit...to simply accept his will and let it be? But i still want to hold on to a life I feel God wants me to have no matter if it is his will for me to have it. That's how I feel about it sometimes. I guess that is letting go of my current masterof myself.

Once again I bring myself upon a dream, well a fantasy of bowling with christ. Just me and him bowling an all nighter. Just chillin out and bowling. This way if I get angered at anything he says to me I iwllhave a heavy ball to throw and take it out in a positive manner. He will be here next me so I know he is with me. And talk very brisk, honest, and to the point. That would be nice. going bowling with Jesus.

But back in reality the closer I get to him the more I see him in the mirror. THe more I feel him in others. The more I see him in others.

Before I ramble on too much furhter I shall ponder on the feedback. Looking away from myself and getting to know and love the one I want to serve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

daily.verse

script provided by biblegateway.com

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a Free Online Diet

Special.Collections


  • A Journey Becoming
  • On the Job: Evil Tom Saga

    journey.tom


  • My Diet blog - hosted by SparkPeople.com
  • blogger.profile
  • my.story
  • AIM: JustCoolTom

    who.said.what


  • Commenter // Comment

    previous.journies


  • Sermon in, sermon out
  • I lost a verse...
  • Quality....it is all about quality
  • Always there waiting....
  • I read the same book as a killer
  • He knocked on my door three times...
  • Turning point....?
  • On forgiving...
  • Wisdom is...
  • not as silent as...
  • journies.archive


  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • links.tom


  • My Writings
  • My photography blog
  • Mr. Branch Photography
  • sojourn.community

    links.other


  • The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Relevant Magazine
  • Bible Gateway
  • Bible.com
  • XXX Church
  • Dave Ramsey
  • For Faith and Family
  • Pure Life Ministries

    sojourn.blogs


  • Bobby
  • Paul
  • Jason
  • Lorie
  • Nikki
  • Nick
  • Lindsay
  • Jesse
  • Jessica

    blogs.other


  • Heather Gemmen
  • Joshua Harris
  • Misha
  • Rabby

    blogroll.christian


    Thy way, not mine, O lord


    Thy way, not mine, O Lord,
    However dark it be;
    Lead me by Thine own hand,
    Choose out the path for me.

    Smooth let it be or rough,
    It will be still the best;
    Winding or straight, it leads
    Right onward to Thy rest.

    I dare not choose my lot;
    I would not, if I might;
    Choose Thou for me, my God,
    So I shall walk aright.

    Take Thou my cup, and it
    With joy or sorrow fill,
    As best to Thee may seem;
    Choose Thou my good and ill.

    Choose Thou for me my friends,
    My sickness or my health;
    Choose Thou my cares for me
    My poverty or wealth.

    The kingdom that I seek
    Is Thine: so let the way
    That leads to it be Thine,
    Else I must surely stray.

    Not mine, not mine the choice
    In things or great or small;
    Be Thou my Guide, my Strength
    My Wisdom, and my All.

    ~Horatius Bonar