On forgiving...

Monday, March 14, 2005
...I have been reading the book of Genesis a lot and Just got done reading about Jacob and Esau. Talk about a weird series of events. Jacob robbed Esau of his birth rights and pretty much did him wrong all the way around. But he got his. His Uncle duped him into working for him for so long.

In fact he worked seven years to marry Racheal, and the gave him his other daughter leah. SO jacob worked another seven years to have Racheal. And then even another six years after that in order to gain sheep and such. So here it is 20 years later he has two wives, several servents both male and female, not to mention flocks of several animals. He had enough he could split his camp into two. I didn't even mention how many children this guy had between his wives and servants. Child protection would love to speak with him if it were in this day and age.

Well after 20 years he wants to return to his homeland and sends out for his brother Esau. But Esau returns the message with a great army to meet him. But when they meet Esau is greatly happy to see him again and amazed at his wealth and family they made up. It was that great love and bond that resettled everything.

I don't know what Esau was thinking because as being human I personally would have still had some anger over what he had done to me. But then again time does heal wounds. This is true. But also it can be a crock pot brewing into something very potent as well.

Now for my spin on this story is forgiving my mother. Over time and the closer I draw to God I am wanting to forgive her more. But I know that I cannot, do not want to get close to her again. I do not want to be hurt. And as a precaution I do not want her to have ANYTHING to do with my family. When I marry and have kids she will have nothing to do in their lives. She will not be a grandmother to my children as she was not a mother to her own children.

Is this right? I don't know. I know she is my mother and we are commanded to love and respect but what about if she chose not to be a mother, then does this relieve her? Yes she brought me into this world but you don't walk away or put in your two weeks notice. We have to forgive yes, but we don't have to trust them ever again.

All I really ever wanted was a Mother in my life, and all she ever wanted was to lie and get us to love her more than my father. Sorta like jacob and esau, apparently Jacob wanted his fathers love so much that he took what was owed his brother.

My mother does not know the man her son has come to be. She does not know that I see thru her deception and care not for it anymore. I will have harsh and bold words for her this is true, when I ever see her again.

How can I ever heal and get closure if I cannot get to a point of forgiveness? I have a feeling that just like my last girlfriend has settled herself for much less happier surroundings. Trailer trash. So a part of me wants to feel sorry for her. And another wants to rejoice that through the hell she put me through and hurtful things she said I have risen above it and through even my not so happy times I am above that and have moved on...but that may be to prideful of a thought. But this is how I feel.

SO maybe I can learn something from Esau. I want to come up to her with an army fueled my rage and anger, but I want to love her just enough....but I don't want to let her in again. However she can visit me on the porch...so to speak.

One day I shall embrace my "Sweet hell Alabama"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

daily.verse

script provided by biblegateway.com

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a Free Online Diet

Special.Collections


  • A Journey Becoming
  • On the Job: Evil Tom Saga

    journey.tom


  • My Diet blog - hosted by SparkPeople.com
  • blogger.profile
  • my.story
  • AIM: JustCoolTom

    who.said.what


  • Commenter // Comment

    previous.journies


  • Wisdom is...
  • not as silent as...
  • In subliminal silence...
  • Does work take your soul?
  • Oh gee George which way did he go?
  • Time for yet another bible?
  • The mirror has a name
  • Still looking in a mirror...
  • Looking into a mirror...
  • journies.archive


  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • links.tom


  • My Writings
  • My photography blog
  • Mr. Branch Photography
  • sojourn.community

    links.other


  • The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Relevant Magazine
  • Bible Gateway
  • Bible.com
  • XXX Church
  • Dave Ramsey
  • For Faith and Family
  • Pure Life Ministries

    sojourn.blogs


  • Bobby
  • Paul
  • Jason
  • Lorie
  • Nikki
  • Nick
  • Lindsay
  • Jesse
  • Jessica

    blogs.other


  • Heather Gemmen
  • Joshua Harris
  • Misha
  • Rabby

    blogroll.christian


    Thy way, not mine, O lord


    Thy way, not mine, O Lord,
    However dark it be;
    Lead me by Thine own hand,
    Choose out the path for me.

    Smooth let it be or rough,
    It will be still the best;
    Winding or straight, it leads
    Right onward to Thy rest.

    I dare not choose my lot;
    I would not, if I might;
    Choose Thou for me, my God,
    So I shall walk aright.

    Take Thou my cup, and it
    With joy or sorrow fill,
    As best to Thee may seem;
    Choose Thou my good and ill.

    Choose Thou for me my friends,
    My sickness or my health;
    Choose Thou my cares for me
    My poverty or wealth.

    The kingdom that I seek
    Is Thine: so let the way
    That leads to it be Thine,
    Else I must surely stray.

    Not mine, not mine the choice
    In things or great or small;
    Be Thou my Guide, my Strength
    My Wisdom, and my All.

    ~Horatius Bonar