My life, a movie?

Wednesday, June 21, 2006
First for the record....this quiz has alot to do with this post...it's not just another quizzy deal. There seem to be just too many of them out there but, this one does seem to tie in.

The Movie Of Your Life Is An Indie Flick

You do things your own way - and it's made for colorful times.
Your life hasn't turned out how anyone expected, thank goodness!

Your best movie matches: Clerks, Garden State, Napoleon Dynamite


Now indie flicka are often unheard of, off the radar, never stood a chance in Hollywood, yet they often have the better stories to be told and are often bette movies all around, I think they call them films.

Well in looking back at my life, my story if it were to be put in a movie....wow. In fact I am learning to make even the worst of my past in a complete saga of who I am today. So that I not forget a chapter or two as no matter how good or bad or even different it may have been, it is still a part of me, who I am, it is still my story...and I should not forget that.

A few weeks ago in sermon, on Psalms 73 I think it was, there was a point made about seeing what was ment for evil in ones life to see how God has a use for it. So a bad childhood for example, should not be forgotten to see all the wrongs, to see what redemptive qualities God is using in that person's life.

Even my own sins should not be forgotten...well this is taking a fine line that love means forgetting sins...But that is another point for another time. But looking at these sins some more evil than others, yet still a sin. How can good be made of them?

So when that day comes and our lives are converted onto film, mine would most definately be an Indie flick. It would be dark and melodramatic at times, sad and even happy at times. It would rum the gamut from many emotions, cover nearly everyone of them. No one would hear of the film, they might run across it late night one night, or at an all day festival somewhere. Some will love it, some will hate it, some will just be left exhausted wondering how I ever made it through it all.

Especially whent he plot originally started with a once upon a time beginning. It sure went crazy after that. And now it is an epic saga corecting the damage done so long ago. I can't wait to see the ending or at least the end of the chapter before a new season starts. Ya know how most shows have a different theme every season. I can't wait to look back at the end of this season to see the victory.

Victory is hard to see much like now being disconnected with God. Right now just the slightest bit is bothering me. So it is hard to see these victories in my ways, my sins, my thoguhts.....

So in a nutshell my life would be an indie flick. So for those who are local to me, I hope to see ya at Baxter Ave theatre here one day. I don't think Tinseltwon would play it and I refuse to let my movie be played at Stonybrook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

daily.verse

script provided by biblegateway.com

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a Free Online Diet

Special.Collections


  • A Journey Becoming
  • On the Job: Evil Tom Saga

    journey.tom


  • My Diet blog - hosted by SparkPeople.com
  • blogger.profile
  • my.story
  • AIM: JustCoolTom

    who.said.what


  • Commenter // Comment

    previous.journies


  • A paralell road.....continued
  • A paralell road
  • Some randmon thoughts
  • Where is Joseph when...
  • Thankful for...
  • 28 years later
  • Home sweet um home?
  • Just a thoughts...
  • Movie review: Desperation
  • The quiz finale
  • journies.archive


  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • links.tom


  • My Writings
  • My photography blog
  • Mr. Branch Photography
  • sojourn.community

    links.other


  • The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Relevant Magazine
  • Bible Gateway
  • Bible.com
  • XXX Church
  • Dave Ramsey
  • For Faith and Family
  • Pure Life Ministries

    sojourn.blogs


  • Bobby
  • Paul
  • Jason
  • Lorie
  • Nikki
  • Nick
  • Lindsay
  • Jesse
  • Jessica

    blogs.other


  • Heather Gemmen
  • Joshua Harris
  • Misha
  • Rabby

    blogroll.christian


    Thy way, not mine, O lord


    Thy way, not mine, O Lord,
    However dark it be;
    Lead me by Thine own hand,
    Choose out the path for me.

    Smooth let it be or rough,
    It will be still the best;
    Winding or straight, it leads
    Right onward to Thy rest.

    I dare not choose my lot;
    I would not, if I might;
    Choose Thou for me, my God,
    So I shall walk aright.

    Take Thou my cup, and it
    With joy or sorrow fill,
    As best to Thee may seem;
    Choose Thou my good and ill.

    Choose Thou for me my friends,
    My sickness or my health;
    Choose Thou my cares for me
    My poverty or wealth.

    The kingdom that I seek
    Is Thine: so let the way
    That leads to it be Thine,
    Else I must surely stray.

    Not mine, not mine the choice
    In things or great or small;
    Be Thou my Guide, my Strength
    My Wisdom, and my All.

    ~Horatius Bonar