The v-day bomb

Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Well V-day is over. And It was not that bad. It was a typical day for me. Woo hoo finaly a deressionless V-day!!! But it was a long day at work with a 3 hour outage that left us all non-productive. So I lost 3 good hours of work and have to continue again today. Which will be a great challenge. But that is work.

Last night I guess was a deep night. I tried to read but got to a point where it was too deep and I could not go on. It really hit me. It was a nice point of self reflection.

I guess where I am now is there "Where am I" question. I am afriad of becoming a nobody or not even a blip on the radar screen. I don't know why I am feeling this way. But a part of me wants to be there or do something and feel like I am sitting on the sidelines letting everything pass me by. I know this is not true. I know I am not the leader type either. Well I guess to an extent I do want to but yet I am the support type to keep things rolling and bring others together.

But in this worl typically you lead or follow there is no list for support. So I don't know how I fit into that. I do not know what my shape is....how do I fit? Live? etc? I guess that is something that will come with time.

So manythings have fallen through so for me now things are kinda just along for the breeze going nowhere it feels. So much is going on everywhere I feel I missed my turn.

Now from all the reading and good lunch discussins I have had lately I am thinking about seeking therepy for a while. A christian therepist, which would be my first. I am still burned on therepy since I was in high school. But a christian based one that can give me some biblical perpective could be good. But my past and present spiritual and emotional lives are now meshing together and I need to make sense of it all. The distinctions of the old self and new self are contrasting with more intenseity. So I am wanting to figure out which is which. Which is the path God has layed out for me.

I am still juggling a lot of stuff though. So nothing definate yet. I think I need a mini vacation to get away from everything, rest up, and then come back and try to think things again. But then if I do a road trip I will have LOTS of time to think.

I am still not back to prayer and bible time like I was...and Ithink I am starting to feel the effects of it. But I just can't get past what I see with myself enogh to focus on others and God.Oh well, things will work out. In prayer, in time.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dude, sojourn is about to hire a couple of christian counselors. check it out.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 10:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tom branch,

hey. this is emily from sojourn. I was just remembering that time you kidnapped Aaron and how much I admire your mad skills in that area. Anyway, just haven't seen you muchand wanted to say hey.

hey.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:53:00 PM  
Blogger iggie said...

bonjour, it takes a lot of courage to realize when you need to reach out for help.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 9:06:00 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

You're making some good decisions. Hang in there.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 8:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

daily.verse

script provided by biblegateway.com

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a Free Online Diet

Special.Collections


  • A Journey Becoming
  • On the Job: Evil Tom Saga

    journey.tom


  • My Diet blog - hosted by SparkPeople.com
  • blogger.profile
  • my.story
  • AIM: JustCoolTom

    who.said.what


  • Commenter // Comment
  • Anonymous Anonymous // said...
  • Anonymous Anonymous // said...
  • Blogger iggie // said...
  • Blogger Bobby // said...

    previous.journies


  • 02-14-2006
  • Being sick...
  • No rights?
  • Blessed are..., prayers, and wishes for Sojourn
  • Got home...?
  • Pharaoh Tom
  • A Narnian wife?
  • Just a note to myself so I do not forget to read t...
  • Friggin blogger...
  • Some notes...
  • journies.archive


  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • links.tom


  • My Writings
  • My photography blog
  • Mr. Branch Photography
  • sojourn.community

    links.other


  • The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Relevant Magazine
  • Bible Gateway
  • Bible.com
  • XXX Church
  • Dave Ramsey
  • For Faith and Family
  • Pure Life Ministries

    sojourn.blogs


  • Bobby
  • Paul
  • Jason
  • Lorie
  • Nikki
  • Nick
  • Lindsay
  • Jesse
  • Jessica

    blogs.other


  • Heather Gemmen
  • Joshua Harris
  • Misha
  • Rabby

    blogroll.christian


    Thy way, not mine, O lord


    Thy way, not mine, O Lord,
    However dark it be;
    Lead me by Thine own hand,
    Choose out the path for me.

    Smooth let it be or rough,
    It will be still the best;
    Winding or straight, it leads
    Right onward to Thy rest.

    I dare not choose my lot;
    I would not, if I might;
    Choose Thou for me, my God,
    So I shall walk aright.

    Take Thou my cup, and it
    With joy or sorrow fill,
    As best to Thee may seem;
    Choose Thou my good and ill.

    Choose Thou for me my friends,
    My sickness or my health;
    Choose Thou my cares for me
    My poverty or wealth.

    The kingdom that I seek
    Is Thine: so let the way
    That leads to it be Thine,
    Else I must surely stray.

    Not mine, not mine the choice
    In things or great or small;
    Be Thou my Guide, my Strength
    My Wisdom, and my All.

    ~Horatius Bonar