Got home...?

Sunday, January 29, 2006
It's been a rough few days. Seems I cannot concentrate as much in my readings and prayer time. Then again this is the time of the week where I am drained so very much with my weekend work schedule. Yet I ponder if there is something stirring in my heart for change.

The next six weeks will be fun and challenging. I signed up for two classes one on Systematic Theology and one for Mercy Ministries. They both sound fun and gives me two more times in the week to do soemthing of focus on God in some way. Great tiem to fellowship and learn a few things.

There is another book I need to go and buy. I was listening to For Faith and Family podcast, I need to stop listening I keep buying books from there, and it deals with regreats and forgiving oneself. Last ngiht at work, thankfully I was alone. I almost started crying in the middle of the podcast as it really did strike a point in my heart. It had me thinking. But work did eventually take me away from the focus on God. Which I had to as it was a very long and busy night last night.

But it did have me thinking and gave me soemthing of a recent topic for me. So I will have to check it out.

Now the fun part is Friday I was at the church office printing off the directories....yes it is finaly done!!! Well everyone went on lunch and I was left to "hold down the fort" as one said. So I did and enxt door is a car wash. And a bright yellow dumpster in the corner. I saw an older man walk up to it. He appearded to look normal, nothing indicated homless look or anything. And he was empty handed heading over to the bin.

My first thought was "I bet ya he is going to look inside." He did not see me as I was up on the second floor. So I had perfect, almost, room for observation. Sure enough he opened the lid and looked inside. I guess he did not find anything as he closed the lid and started to walk away.

He made it maybe 20 feet from the bin before he stops, pauses, looks back, and then heads back to the bin. Now I am pondering if he had second thoughts on something he saw inside. He lifts the lid again and shuts it. Now he walked around to the side of the bin out of my site. I thoguht he was going to get on top of it or look under it but I never saw any action while he was behind it.

Well he comes out from behind it and I see that he wet himself. As now there was a much darker spot in his crotch area and he was trying to adjust his clothing ot whatnot to cover it up. This was very sad to see. Now personaly I would have hidden in the corner and empty my bladder as fast as I could if I needed to go that bad. Find a bush or something. But this was not his choice it seems.

Now the sad part is this was a fairly residential areas in the Highlands with only a commercial road that we call Bardstown Rd. And only a block form a restaraunt where he could have went there. This was not an area that I would assume homelessness.

I was wrong.

Then the next night at work was yet another lesson. I had just got off of work so this was about 3:30 am, on a Friday night where I am a block away from a cruising point and a "worthless gentlemean's club" Yes I said worthless as I see nothign gentlemanly about those joints. And a white Castle is there too. So needless to say it can be scary getting of of work. Well there was a guy there asking me for some change so he could get a burger ffrom white castle. Typically I lie and say I have no change on me...well I normally don't. But I am not honest with it as for whatever safety reasons. This time that was not the case. I only had three cents. I searched and thats all I had three pennies. I told him that I only had three cents. His reply was a good smack in the face for me.

"That's three cents more than I have."

I so wanted to rethink my blessings and be thankful for what I have. I gave him my three pennies and I hope he did find enoguh for a burger. I have never seen anone happy over such a small amount. Pennies, how many of us think of them as nothing? As almost no worth. I don't even cound pennies as change. Until I get a mountain of them and cash them in. But a penny has nearly no value and this guy took every cent of value. Could really learn something from this guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

daily.verse

script provided by biblegateway.com

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a Free Online Diet

Special.Collections


  • A Journey Becoming
  • On the Job: Evil Tom Saga

    journey.tom


  • My Diet blog - hosted by SparkPeople.com
  • blogger.profile
  • my.story
  • AIM: JustCoolTom

    who.said.what


  • Commenter // Comment

    previous.journies


  • Pharaoh Tom
  • A Narnian wife?
  • Just a note to myself so I do not forget to read t...
  • Friggin blogger...
  • Some notes...
  • The first few days of the year...Part 2
  • The first few days of the year
  • Long lost sermon
  • 2005 books read
  • Will it ever end? $$$
  • journies.archive


  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • links.tom


  • My Writings
  • My photography blog
  • Mr. Branch Photography
  • sojourn.community

    links.other


  • The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Relevant Magazine
  • Bible Gateway
  • Bible.com
  • XXX Church
  • Dave Ramsey
  • For Faith and Family
  • Pure Life Ministries

    sojourn.blogs


  • Bobby
  • Paul
  • Jason
  • Lorie
  • Nikki
  • Nick
  • Lindsay
  • Jesse
  • Jessica

    blogs.other


  • Heather Gemmen
  • Joshua Harris
  • Misha
  • Rabby

    blogroll.christian


    Thy way, not mine, O lord


    Thy way, not mine, O Lord,
    However dark it be;
    Lead me by Thine own hand,
    Choose out the path for me.

    Smooth let it be or rough,
    It will be still the best;
    Winding or straight, it leads
    Right onward to Thy rest.

    I dare not choose my lot;
    I would not, if I might;
    Choose Thou for me, my God,
    So I shall walk aright.

    Take Thou my cup, and it
    With joy or sorrow fill,
    As best to Thee may seem;
    Choose Thou my good and ill.

    Choose Thou for me my friends,
    My sickness or my health;
    Choose Thou my cares for me
    My poverty or wealth.

    The kingdom that I seek
    Is Thine: so let the way
    That leads to it be Thine,
    Else I must surely stray.

    Not mine, not mine the choice
    In things or great or small;
    Be Thou my Guide, my Strength
    My Wisdom, and my All.

    ~Horatius Bonar