mooooosic werk shawp!

Saturday, February 18, 2006
Today has been good. I accomplished a good bit and yet so much more in store tomorrow. But now I sit here at work with some good mixed jazz and coffeehouse type tunes and then later I will change up to some christian tunes.

Tomorrow I think I will need to get some focus in on my God time and think out a few things. I know I have slacked off in prayer and devotions and I am feeling the pull of missing on it. I have listened to some podcasts and sermons that have got me thinking again.

Pretty much in tune is where I am heading and how I can serve , pretty much what is my role in things. It is not anything terrible but it is enough to get one motivated to get thigns done. In fact I think tonight I will force myself to get out of here faster than normal. I am trying for 3am again. It would be supa fly cool. I have pretty much two hours to get the headway going now in order to see how things are.

But back to my role and relationship with God. I know much of it will come in time. But a part of me just wants a good reality check, time to take inventory and get a good grasp where I am at. A checkpoint.

I feel good as tonight I had fun. I got to observe a music writing workshop and I had a good time and a few thoughts. Some deep thoughts even came of it. It was a super bonus. And I got a good nap in today too.

I still am thinking about the counseling to make sense of a few things, but then I want to learn to listen. As one of the counselors we are bringing on to staff at church is good with. I know that all the stuff I learn about myself and Christ is forgotten often...as it is not practiced into an everyday discipline. This could be a weakpoint of christians today, at least for me.

Anyways back to work, hopefully I can get some good thoguths in while working too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bobby said...

Glad you got to come to the workshop. It was fun!

And I had three bowls of chili ....

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 9:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

daily.verse

script provided by biblegateway.com

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a Free Online Diet

Special.Collections


  • A Journey Becoming
  • On the Job: Evil Tom Saga

    journey.tom


  • My Diet blog - hosted by SparkPeople.com
  • blogger.profile
  • my.story
  • AIM: JustCoolTom

    who.said.what


  • Commenter // Comment
  • Blogger Bobby // said...

    previous.journies


  • The v-day bomb
  • 02-14-2006
  • Being sick...
  • No rights?
  • Blessed are..., prayers, and wishes for Sojourn
  • Got home...?
  • Pharaoh Tom
  • A Narnian wife?
  • Just a note to myself so I do not forget to read t...
  • Friggin blogger...
  • journies.archive


  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • links.tom


  • My Writings
  • My photography blog
  • Mr. Branch Photography
  • sojourn.community

    links.other


  • The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Relevant Magazine
  • Bible Gateway
  • Bible.com
  • XXX Church
  • Dave Ramsey
  • For Faith and Family
  • Pure Life Ministries

    sojourn.blogs


  • Bobby
  • Paul
  • Jason
  • Lorie
  • Nikki
  • Nick
  • Lindsay
  • Jesse
  • Jessica

    blogs.other


  • Heather Gemmen
  • Joshua Harris
  • Misha
  • Rabby

    blogroll.christian


    Thy way, not mine, O lord


    Thy way, not mine, O Lord,
    However dark it be;
    Lead me by Thine own hand,
    Choose out the path for me.

    Smooth let it be or rough,
    It will be still the best;
    Winding or straight, it leads
    Right onward to Thy rest.

    I dare not choose my lot;
    I would not, if I might;
    Choose Thou for me, my God,
    So I shall walk aright.

    Take Thou my cup, and it
    With joy or sorrow fill,
    As best to Thee may seem;
    Choose Thou my good and ill.

    Choose Thou for me my friends,
    My sickness or my health;
    Choose Thou my cares for me
    My poverty or wealth.

    The kingdom that I seek
    Is Thine: so let the way
    That leads to it be Thine,
    Else I must surely stray.

    Not mine, not mine the choice
    In things or great or small;
    Be Thou my Guide, my Strength
    My Wisdom, and my All.

    ~Horatius Bonar