When the moon rises...

Tuesday, October 25, 2005
It looks like what was started today did very well continue, yet it will need to continue furhter now. I only touched the surface of todays topics on my heart. But I feel that the Lord did provide some comfort and understanding enough to sorta a checklist where I am at, I at least have an idea where to go.

This morning I read into Ephesians 3-5 (for the most part) and it really hit home. The weird thing is that I was in the KJV more than anything else. For once it seemed to hit closer to home and was very understandable. I still looked at the NLT for contrast but it seemed to help.

I know that there is work started in me, inside that now is stirring troubles. It is old self and the new self at war. The war has been won yes I know I hear it all the time, but here and now, this is what I see and know. I find it very hard to see past myself and the now that I do not see the gaol at the end. Philipians 3:12-14.

I do know that it is God working inside...no it is the holy spirit that I seem to hear so little of. I hear of the first two of the trinity, the Father the Son and the (whispers) holy spirit. But it is that in which is at work in me. It stirs my soul and like apollo 13 an Oxygen tank seems to have exploded and even though I am still flying through space, it't not the straightest of paths. So that is the war for me is getting on course.

I fear and almost loathe external forces and trains of thoughts as it seems to have been overused and gives an excuse to run away. "Take two pills and call me in the morning" approach. But I know that selfishly it is hard for me to see external forces yet in this case I know there is one externally I want to look into.

Getting to understand the nature of God. Understanding forgivneness, repentence, grace, and God's sovreignty and submitting to that. Seeking truth and understanding.....Come eat my bread and wine I have prepared for you. Leave your foolish ways and walk in the ways of understanding Proverbs 9:5-6

I wished I could go back in time and stop adam and eve from eating of that tree....I would rather not know and simply exsist, but that is not the case and therefore we must deal with the gift and curse of knowledge. FOr me understaning and applying the word is only part of the battle, understanding it's nature is also as important. Otherwise how do we know what we are fighting for?

My journey from here...? It may get bumpy and scary as visions of hell are flooding my mind. It is becoming very real. I mean an eternity over a few years? That's an awful long time. It makes it harder to sleep at night thinking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

daily.verse

script provided by biblegateway.com

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a Free Online Diet

Special.Collections


  • A Journey Becoming
  • On the Job: Evil Tom Saga

    journey.tom


  • My Diet blog - hosted by SparkPeople.com
  • blogger.profile
  • my.story
  • AIM: JustCoolTom

    who.said.what


  • Commenter // Comment

    previous.journies


  • When the sun sets...
  • Of work and faith
  • What's on your bookshelf?
  • Mirror revisited
  • I thought things were better...
  • Anniversary time?
  • On transformations...
  • Pending fears
  • Just another Friday
  • Absolutley nothing to do with pasta
  • journies.archive


  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • links.tom


  • My Writings
  • My photography blog
  • Mr. Branch Photography
  • sojourn.community

    links.other


  • The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Relevant Magazine
  • Bible Gateway
  • Bible.com
  • XXX Church
  • Dave Ramsey
  • For Faith and Family
  • Pure Life Ministries

    sojourn.blogs


  • Bobby
  • Paul
  • Jason
  • Lorie
  • Nikki
  • Nick
  • Lindsay
  • Jesse
  • Jessica

    blogs.other


  • Heather Gemmen
  • Joshua Harris
  • Misha
  • Rabby

    blogroll.christian


    Thy way, not mine, O lord


    Thy way, not mine, O Lord,
    However dark it be;
    Lead me by Thine own hand,
    Choose out the path for me.

    Smooth let it be or rough,
    It will be still the best;
    Winding or straight, it leads
    Right onward to Thy rest.

    I dare not choose my lot;
    I would not, if I might;
    Choose Thou for me, my God,
    So I shall walk aright.

    Take Thou my cup, and it
    With joy or sorrow fill,
    As best to Thee may seem;
    Choose Thou my good and ill.

    Choose Thou for me my friends,
    My sickness or my health;
    Choose Thou my cares for me
    My poverty or wealth.

    The kingdom that I seek
    Is Thine: so let the way
    That leads to it be Thine,
    Else I must surely stray.

    Not mine, not mine the choice
    In things or great or small;
    Be Thou my Guide, my Strength
    My Wisdom, and my All.

    ~Horatius Bonar