Relationaly speaking...

Saturday, February 24, 2007
Ok simply put how many of us are in a relationship? Single like me huh? Well you are in a relationship.

Pop quiz. I say a word and you tell me what comes into your mind. The very first thing. No second guess unless it follows the first.

Relationship.

Ok what came in there? having someone to love or love you such as a significant other? Family perhaps? father, wife, mother, daughter, brother, sister...?

What about the church? As in the body that Christ died for not the pretty building down the street? What about that relationship?

What about work? Not what you do for a living but work. How do you relate to the blessing of work. I can't believe I called it a blessing in my current situation but it is whether I like to admit it or not.

Who we are does come out in relationships. Even in my despair I have overlooked several important relationships. In my sin I overlook my relationship with God and Jesus. I do not see my work as a relationship. I do not see what I do at church as a relationship.

Think about it.

At work do we cut corners? Act cocky and prideful? Put others down? Complain? Not care about the work we produce quality or quantity? But that is just work we may say. Ok let's take that same relational aspect home. Will we not cut corners with family? Will we not get angry at roommates? Will we not care?

It is who we are. Not our jobs but what we work. Do we work for man or God?

The least we do unto man is the most we do unto God.

Relationships bring out who we are. And work is one relationship I have overlooked for so long. It feeds into many sins and into every area of our lives. What out job titles are don't mean a thing. How we work and live does.

Need another example? I hate my job so bad I want out and do not want to bear through it anymore. Put that same attitude into marriage. If I do not hang tough at work who is to say that I won't be strong during rough patches in a marriage?

Do I have your attention yet?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sage_Muse said...

As always, yes, you have my attention...

Very thought provoking and very true. HOw often do we rely on each other for answers, happiness, etc when we should be "looking up" for answers.

Sunday, March 18, 2007 2:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

daily.verse

script provided by biblegateway.com

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a Free Online Diet

Special.Collections


  • A Journey Becoming
  • On the Job: Evil Tom Saga

    journey.tom


  • My Diet blog - hosted by SparkPeople.com
  • blogger.profile
  • my.story
  • AIM: JustCoolTom

    who.said.what


  • Commenter // Comment
  • Blogger Sage_Muse // said...

    previous.journies


  • Update....
  • 2-22-2007
  • One day at a time...really
  • Avoidance of pain
  • I dunno
  • Just a post
  • Chapter 5: A blow to self, a heart closer to peace
  • Chapter 4: Road to Galatia
  • Chapter 3: Community, I'm in!
  • Chapter 2: Evil Tom is out to play
  • journies.archive


  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • links.tom


  • My Writings
  • My photography blog
  • Mr. Branch Photography
  • sojourn.community

    links.other


  • The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Relevant Magazine
  • Bible Gateway
  • Bible.com
  • XXX Church
  • Dave Ramsey
  • For Faith and Family
  • Pure Life Ministries

    sojourn.blogs


  • Bobby
  • Paul
  • Jason
  • Lorie
  • Nikki
  • Nick
  • Lindsay
  • Jesse
  • Jessica

    blogs.other


  • Heather Gemmen
  • Joshua Harris
  • Misha
  • Rabby

    blogroll.christian


    Thy way, not mine, O lord


    Thy way, not mine, O Lord,
    However dark it be;
    Lead me by Thine own hand,
    Choose out the path for me.

    Smooth let it be or rough,
    It will be still the best;
    Winding or straight, it leads
    Right onward to Thy rest.

    I dare not choose my lot;
    I would not, if I might;
    Choose Thou for me, my God,
    So I shall walk aright.

    Take Thou my cup, and it
    With joy or sorrow fill,
    As best to Thee may seem;
    Choose Thou my good and ill.

    Choose Thou for me my friends,
    My sickness or my health;
    Choose Thou my cares for me
    My poverty or wealth.

    The kingdom that I seek
    Is Thine: so let the way
    That leads to it be Thine,
    Else I must surely stray.

    Not mine, not mine the choice
    In things or great or small;
    Be Thou my Guide, my Strength
    My Wisdom, and my All.

    ~Horatius Bonar