Chapter 5: A blow to self, a heart closer to peace

Monday, January 29, 2007
At work I am in desperate of God, not at the (Specifically current employer). I can see that my focus is at my current employer specifically but not to the act of work.

I have no self-sufficiency, in the law (world) I can. To accept the ways of the law by today's means is to come to self and not submit to a higher power let alone another.

I may be a modern day Job, where I bash others and act higher than they no matter their faith, I judge them by the fruit produced. Just read Job 38:4-40:2 where God lays it all out to Job. And it is after Job wishes to be silent after seeing what he just did God declares one more challenge to Job. And Job replied "I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you."

Go confronted Job and asked what powers and strengths he had. Just as I, Job had none.. Even writing this now it is the will and sovereignty of God. My life can be gone fast. Faster than even a blink. The job/work situation is even from God.

For everything comes from him and exists by his power and is intended for his glory. All glory to him forever! Amen. Romans 11:36 (New Living Translation)


So even repentance does not come from man nor self, not even simply asking or declaring repentance in prayer. It comes form heart change. Just like the Canaanite woman, we should not give up asking or in this case seeking forgiveness and repentance.

God can make anything happen. So why do we not turn to him? This may open a jar of worms, or keg in this case, but in my case of work...I will remain the focus.

Putting my faith in him not me

But then believing that all will be answered when I as and not doubt. Even if the answer that comes back is not what I was looking for. It may not be “my” answer. But even as the food I eat comes from him, so does the answers to my prayers.

But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do. James 1:6-8 (New Living Translation)


Is it mine or his? Money, health, possessions? Yes I declare each one of them as my own. And not has. This has led to a deceitful heart that is and was un-thankful. For if it is ours then it is not God's for us to give thanks to right?

At work I become a different person and let my sins overcome me. Internally and externally therefore making them all internal all over again.

The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand. Psalm 37:23-24 (New Living Translation)


My state of discontent and suffering over the issues at work should not be good nor bad but HIS will. And as such all come from him until we seek him and place our faith in him. To be thankful and seek him no matter our troubles. In this trial I see and feel that:
  • I acknowledge I NEED God as much as I need the air to breathe
  • That all things come from God either good nor bad
  • I am NOT self-sufficient at all
  • Self needs to die which may be a giant by now
  • I should be more thankful for what God has given me and delivered me from more than my own desires
  • To not become contempt and settle for less while I go furhter along in treating this (my)body well
  • Where there is anger there is not grace and mercy

    My hands are full when I have been going to God during this time. Full of anger, frustration, downcast and despair, self...need I go on? So how can I receive?

    For who can know the Lord’s thoughts? Who knows enough to give him advice? And who has given him so much that he needs to pay it back? For everything comes from him and exists by his power and is intended for his glory. All glory to him forever! Amen. Romans 11:34-36 (New Living Translation)
  • Labels: ,

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Katie said...

    thanks for writing this, it has both challenged and encouraged me today

    Tuesday, January 30, 2007 11:53:00 AM  
    Blogger Bobby said...

    Ditto for me, Dr. Tom. This is what a journey is all about, eh? Seeking.

    Tuesday, January 30, 2007 5:32:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    daily.verse

    script provided by biblegateway.com

    Join me at: SparkPeople.com

    Get a Free Online Diet

    Special.Collections


  • A Journey Becoming
  • On the Job: Evil Tom Saga

    journey.tom


  • My Diet blog - hosted by SparkPeople.com
  • blogger.profile
  • my.story
  • AIM: JustCoolTom

    who.said.what


  • Commenter // Comment
  • Blogger Katie // said...
  • Blogger Bobby // said...

    previous.journies


  • Chapter 4: Road to Galatia
  • Chapter 3: Community, I'm in!
  • Chapter 2: Evil Tom is out to play
  • Chapter 1: Loosing control
  • Discrimination vs dishonesty
  • When I say...
  • It's time to loose it all
  • Picking up the peices
  • 2006 what a year it was
  • What to read?
  • journies.archive


  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • links.tom


  • My Writings
  • My photography blog
  • Mr. Branch Photography
  • sojourn.community

    links.other


  • The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Relevant Magazine
  • Bible Gateway
  • Bible.com
  • XXX Church
  • Dave Ramsey
  • For Faith and Family
  • Pure Life Ministries

    sojourn.blogs


  • Bobby
  • Paul
  • Jason
  • Lorie
  • Nikki
  • Nick
  • Lindsay
  • Jesse
  • Jessica

    blogs.other


  • Heather Gemmen
  • Joshua Harris
  • Misha
  • Rabby

    blogroll.christian


    Thy way, not mine, O lord


    Thy way, not mine, O Lord,
    However dark it be;
    Lead me by Thine own hand,
    Choose out the path for me.

    Smooth let it be or rough,
    It will be still the best;
    Winding or straight, it leads
    Right onward to Thy rest.

    I dare not choose my lot;
    I would not, if I might;
    Choose Thou for me, my God,
    So I shall walk aright.

    Take Thou my cup, and it
    With joy or sorrow fill,
    As best to Thee may seem;
    Choose Thou my good and ill.

    Choose Thou for me my friends,
    My sickness or my health;
    Choose Thou my cares for me
    My poverty or wealth.

    The kingdom that I seek
    Is Thine: so let the way
    That leads to it be Thine,
    Else I must surely stray.

    Not mine, not mine the choice
    In things or great or small;
    Be Thou my Guide, my Strength
    My Wisdom, and my All.

    ~Horatius Bonar