Sinday

Friday, September 15, 2006
Ahh Friday, The night shift day. Hopefully today I can...well I need to sit down and focus on what tasks I need to perfrom for the day. Yet I seem to have been so self-centered I could not maintain the focus.

SO last night before I went to bed I decded I neededd some focus on things. So I started watchign The Passion Of cChrist again. It has been since easter of lAst year that I last watched it. I guess I have come a long ways with thigns as I was looking at it breaking it down and it seemed to have more of an impact on me this time around.

I was paying attention to Peter mostly and the human side of Christ. How Peter was still a flawed man and yet became a very big player in things to come. And even at that Christ put all he had into only 12 men to go out and change the world. Yes the world was smaller then but still a large world. And yet he only sent twelve.

Even Peter who after he was told he would do it, denied Christ three times. And still was loved by him. I saw that I too am as human as he. I am a sinner as well. In my sins I see that common theme once again. Self.

No matter the excuse for them as there are no excuses. I obviously choose to let certain situations drive me certain sins. ANd these sins and my self-centered heart that does not want to give up being selfish, is keeping me from loving him, myself and others.

Right now I seem to be focusing on keeping him on aim but I'm still weaving in and out.

In life there are two different friends right now and have two different ways of helping me. Both are somewhat unerving yet I see how self is slowing down the process on them both to an extent but then the message from both of them are different. One is wanting me to do more. Which would be me joining not only he but others in one or two areas of life. It may be getting on my nerves (due to self desires) but I see that he wants me to go deeper.

The other I can see it two ways but one speaks so much louder than words. He is putting a conditional on our walk. And this sends the wrong message to me. Even in Galatians where it speaks of helping everyone especially those in christ. To me this sounds like we are not to care equally for those not in Christ.

The way I feel on things is we are to love everyone the same and in the same ways (if possible) no matter if they are in christ as they too are a part of God and therefore the greatest commandment is to love him with all our heart and then secondly to love everyone as ourselves. It doesn't say go get a god's club membership first. Now if it comes down to a war where we have to build each other up for the battle that is one thing. No then again it is not.

If we start putting conditionals on these things they loose value. But I do see one thing though, even as I try not to live in this conditional way and help everyone is that while I still live in this world (living worldly), this prevents me from helping or leading others. I counteract the holy spirit living and working in me.

Why do I forget (like so many others) that one God loves us personally or loves me rather, that it is not our acts that will save us but our faith and his saving grace?

I know that this month is going to be rough as things are changing but I may have let that become an excuse for the sins of late. It is time to focus now and not put a set date on things. A time that I need to find how to truly repent of these sins that have come back over and over or just wont go away. This is a time I need to work on my relationship with Christ and knowing him better personally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

daily.verse

script provided by biblegateway.com

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a Free Online Diet

Special.Collections


  • A Journey Becoming
  • On the Job: Evil Tom Saga

    journey.tom


  • My Diet blog - hosted by SparkPeople.com
  • blogger.profile
  • my.story
  • AIM: JustCoolTom

    who.said.what


  • Commenter // Comment

    previous.journies


  • End of the ride...
  • A long weekend
  • Molding of a man... some thoguhts
  • Molding of a man...
  • Some quiet time
  • Book Review: Pursuit of Holiness
  • Another case of the Monday's ?
  • Twas just another manic Monday
  • God works...
  • It hurts when...
  • journies.archive


  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • links.tom


  • My Writings
  • My photography blog
  • Mr. Branch Photography
  • sojourn.community

    links.other


  • The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Relevant Magazine
  • Bible Gateway
  • Bible.com
  • XXX Church
  • Dave Ramsey
  • For Faith and Family
  • Pure Life Ministries

    sojourn.blogs


  • Bobby
  • Paul
  • Jason
  • Lorie
  • Nikki
  • Nick
  • Lindsay
  • Jesse
  • Jessica

    blogs.other


  • Heather Gemmen
  • Joshua Harris
  • Misha
  • Rabby

    blogroll.christian


    Thy way, not mine, O lord


    Thy way, not mine, O Lord,
    However dark it be;
    Lead me by Thine own hand,
    Choose out the path for me.

    Smooth let it be or rough,
    It will be still the best;
    Winding or straight, it leads
    Right onward to Thy rest.

    I dare not choose my lot;
    I would not, if I might;
    Choose Thou for me, my God,
    So I shall walk aright.

    Take Thou my cup, and it
    With joy or sorrow fill,
    As best to Thee may seem;
    Choose Thou my good and ill.

    Choose Thou for me my friends,
    My sickness or my health;
    Choose Thou my cares for me
    My poverty or wealth.

    The kingdom that I seek
    Is Thine: so let the way
    That leads to it be Thine,
    Else I must surely stray.

    Not mine, not mine the choice
    In things or great or small;
    Be Thou my Guide, my Strength
    My Wisdom, and my All.

    ~Horatius Bonar