Listening...

Sunday, July 31, 2005
Tonight's sermon was wonderful. It was what I needed to hear. It got me thinking that's for sure. Much on my mind now on top of what I already had. I hope to hear it again in a few days. I will try to get a copy in MP3. I have a friend or two I want to share it with.

Wow it was really encouraging. I can't even find the words right now. But seeing the healing power of God really does alot. He is always with us, even when we sin. A common fact that I seem to forget when I am sinning. Convenient huh?

I have done alot more reading. In fact I am thinking about selling alot of my VHS and DVD's that I rarely ever watch. I much rather want a book these days. This week does not look to be as eventful as last but still a busy one.

Tomorrow I look at the new job. I hope that it goes well. I am sure that it will. In fact I will be working with one of the guys in my community group. Talk about perfect timing. I wanted a job with a good atmospehere and I got it. Knowing if I were to have a bad day, there is someone that is cool around there.

A sense of community. It's a good feeling. But there is more to look at. More I need to seek in order to find, at least the direction to go in. And my desires to have someone becomes so overburdened that I tend to leave God out of the equation or lessen him in the formula. In fact tonight I think I will podcast this one. Just to see what is going on. To process through all this.

Tonight may be a night to deal with my mother, whom I really don't want to. But my heart tells me this isn't right. Talked with a friend at churtch with a similar issue and bounced a few thoughts off of him to get a better understanding it seemed to help. It really seemed that tonight's sermons ties in perfectly towards it.

All I can do really is sit in silence and let things come about. Let it flow. New things happening all around. I think I will just listen for a while. Hear what my heart is telling me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

daily.verse

script provided by biblegateway.com

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a Free Online Diet

Special.Collections


  • A Journey Becoming
  • On the Job: Evil Tom Saga

    journey.tom


  • My Diet blog - hosted by SparkPeople.com
  • blogger.profile
  • my.story
  • AIM: JustCoolTom

    who.said.what


  • Commenter // Comment

    previous.journies


  • Status: Where am I?
  • Eventfullness (sp)
  • Wow, the enabler provides, always
  • And the answer is...?
  • Yet another revelation
  • In sheer honesty...
  • Follow-up last night
  • Rape me....Financially
  • Just rabmlings
  • I'm a potter head
  • journies.archive


  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • links.tom


  • My Writings
  • My photography blog
  • Mr. Branch Photography
  • sojourn.community

    links.other


  • The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Relevant Magazine
  • Bible Gateway
  • Bible.com
  • XXX Church
  • Dave Ramsey
  • For Faith and Family
  • Pure Life Ministries

    sojourn.blogs


  • Bobby
  • Paul
  • Jason
  • Lorie
  • Nikki
  • Nick
  • Lindsay
  • Jesse
  • Jessica

    blogs.other


  • Heather Gemmen
  • Joshua Harris
  • Misha
  • Rabby

    blogroll.christian


    Thy way, not mine, O lord


    Thy way, not mine, O Lord,
    However dark it be;
    Lead me by Thine own hand,
    Choose out the path for me.

    Smooth let it be or rough,
    It will be still the best;
    Winding or straight, it leads
    Right onward to Thy rest.

    I dare not choose my lot;
    I would not, if I might;
    Choose Thou for me, my God,
    So I shall walk aright.

    Take Thou my cup, and it
    With joy or sorrow fill,
    As best to Thee may seem;
    Choose Thou my good and ill.

    Choose Thou for me my friends,
    My sickness or my health;
    Choose Thou my cares for me
    My poverty or wealth.

    The kingdom that I seek
    Is Thine: so let the way
    That leads to it be Thine,
    Else I must surely stray.

    Not mine, not mine the choice
    In things or great or small;
    Be Thou my Guide, my Strength
    My Wisdom, and my All.

    ~Horatius Bonar