And the answer is...?

Sunday, July 24, 2005
What a day. Today was such an incredible day. So much that I really now need some focus and reflection time. I read several articles and one revelation came to me was the selfishness in my love, and I loving others as I want to be loved and am I loving in such a way that it reflects the love of Christ through me?

Then came Sojourn. We had to be there early and I just started helping right off bat. Now one thing was pointed out that I seem to point out me being there early all the time. I do not agree that it is all the time but there was some truth to it....Often times when I am not thinking about it I really boast about myself and accomplishments. So there was some truth to it and being that was one of the questions I had earlier today...The answer is yes I do much out of boasting or self worth. Even though my intentions may be honorable, I do much to seek...Well at least the boasting about it.

Now on the otherside when I do not boast about things I tend to get more attention than I think. After communion I snuck off to the back to help with the hospitality and serving the food. And then came the announcements. I made sure I could still hear it. Well I was called out for my work that I have done at Jeff Street. And even there was a note of thank you on the power point presentation. And me standing in the book with the whole congregation looking at me....What was I supposed to do? Now the good news I got three more volunteers for the lab and one request for tech support.

Now the called out part...In fact I was pushed further out into the open by a few guys much taller than me...I know who they are, I am taking names...And the announcer noted "Oh look he's humble" which I am. I did not look at it as something great just something I enjoyed doing. So I guess now everyone knows me :) So where is my answer I have been seeking? I think my role may be to support and serve. Not lead, not be a hero, or even Super-Tom, but just be there in the background getting things running.

Now with this in mind it does give me a great role model to look at in serving, Christ. There is the support factor and I guess that is a part of serving. But keeping in check that I support and serve selflessly and not for gain. Which was another point that was brought out as when I was being, spotlighted, the speaker said that I just did this and didn't ask for money or anything...Which I didn't. I just did. And it seems to be working out nicely.

So today it seems a spotlight has been shined greatly upon a lot. I hope to really reflect upon. Trent is back in town and one day we will get together and re-evaluate things as where we stand and our accountability. This may be the direction for me to become less self absorbed and really focus on God. To now start the path of service and support...Denying myself for God...

To know that what I have done with what God enabled me with has been greatly appreciated...Wow. I felt a place in a community. Now to hope this does not inflate my ego and to continue onward with great encouragement would be the best thing.

Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely, who conducts his affairs with justice. (Psalm 112:5)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

daily.verse

script provided by biblegateway.com

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a Free Online Diet

Special.Collections


  • A Journey Becoming
  • On the Job: Evil Tom Saga

    journey.tom


  • My Diet blog - hosted by SparkPeople.com
  • blogger.profile
  • my.story
  • AIM: JustCoolTom

    who.said.what


  • Commenter // Comment

    previous.journies


  • Yet another revelation
  • In sheer honesty...
  • Follow-up last night
  • Rape me....Financially
  • Just rabmlings
  • I'm a potter head
  • Convicting stuff
  • Special delivery for Mr. Branch...
  • And now the news...Next at 11
  • And my heart says...
  • journies.archive


  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • links.tom


  • My Writings
  • My photography blog
  • Mr. Branch Photography
  • sojourn.community

    links.other


  • The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Relevant Magazine
  • Bible Gateway
  • Bible.com
  • XXX Church
  • Dave Ramsey
  • For Faith and Family
  • Pure Life Ministries

    sojourn.blogs


  • Bobby
  • Paul
  • Jason
  • Lorie
  • Nikki
  • Nick
  • Lindsay
  • Jesse
  • Jessica

    blogs.other


  • Heather Gemmen
  • Joshua Harris
  • Misha
  • Rabby

    blogroll.christian


    Thy way, not mine, O lord


    Thy way, not mine, O Lord,
    However dark it be;
    Lead me by Thine own hand,
    Choose out the path for me.

    Smooth let it be or rough,
    It will be still the best;
    Winding or straight, it leads
    Right onward to Thy rest.

    I dare not choose my lot;
    I would not, if I might;
    Choose Thou for me, my God,
    So I shall walk aright.

    Take Thou my cup, and it
    With joy or sorrow fill,
    As best to Thee may seem;
    Choose Thou my good and ill.

    Choose Thou for me my friends,
    My sickness or my health;
    Choose Thou my cares for me
    My poverty or wealth.

    The kingdom that I seek
    Is Thine: so let the way
    That leads to it be Thine,
    Else I must surely stray.

    Not mine, not mine the choice
    In things or great or small;
    Be Thou my Guide, my Strength
    My Wisdom, and my All.

    ~Horatius Bonar