The Tom random happz

Friday, May 13, 2005
The joys and the fun, I will actually be turning 27 here soon. June 3rd. Trying to think what kinds of b-day fun to have. Now I can actually tell people my right age. For some odd reason first part of the year I told everyone I was 27. recently I am back to telling them I am 26. Only in time to be 27. I guess my own math sucks in age. Must be first sign of getting old, not knowing how old you are!!

I bought Phantom of the Opera on DVD but have not watched the whole thing yet. I think a new mnovie campaign has entered my life. I cannot watch a movie at home start to finish. Currently it seems to revolve around dinner. And that will be about 20 minutes maybe. I am watching more tv but its concentrated like 30 minutes at a time. But my reading is way up. And I still miss Cartoon Network like mad. I want it back :(

So is my writing. I am trying to get an article done for Relevant's online magazine. I have it typed out and hope to get a few opinions and spell/grammer checked before I submit it. That and I am hoping to still write a book or two. I have lots of stuff I have written along the way and hope to compile them here soon. And there is still a chapter or two along the way I want to add to it.

Next week is going to be a blast. I am off Wednesday and I'll have a star wars mini marathin and then watch it opening night at midnight. Oh that's going to be great. Then on saturday my annual trip to the Tennessee Rennassaince festival will go down....oh yeah. Shows, jousting, craftsmen, comedians, real life chess, glass making, belly dancers, archery, turkey legs, scotch eggs........ahhhhhhhh And my camera too....oh yeah.

I did talk to the director at the Jeff St Men's shelter. Monday I will go there and start looking at the computers and see what they all need. I will get the computers working, network them and after the lab is up and running I will monitor it once or twice a week. Woo hoooo an IT job!!! But this is going to be fun as I can teach and help out again. Help others learn email, tying resumes, computers, and the internet. That's what I loved about doing Tech Support for a while, I felt I was helping and teching folks. That didn't last long. But these people I can interact with face to face day to day. Might be a good chance for ministry.

Podcasting has been great. I have been taking sermons to work and listening to them while I am working. And other religious songs or books. A lot of Dave Ramsey that's for sure.

And now for the relgious aspect, I love how God works. AS I started getting worried about one thing and he started answering that prayer before I prayed for it. But then my prayer life as of late has sucked. I thik I can see how missing group or sermon can hurt. Even if it's one. It seems I am weakest if I miss a group like I did last week. And missed sermon but I was helping in the nursery with the 5 year olds. That was alot of fun. A cool night. I think I might try that again every so often. But missing that and the my thursday group....i seemed dull my edge I had. It could be nothing as I may be thinking too much into it. But its a pattern. Today I get to have my weekly accountabilty meeting. That's going to be good. I do have some serious issues to discuss as far as faithand understanding god's grace. I mean Understanding not just knowing.

Talked much again I have. Time to get with the day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sage_Muse said...

May the force be with you...

Saturday, May 14, 2005 2:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

daily.verse

script provided by biblegateway.com

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a Free Online Diet

Special.Collections


  • A Journey Becoming
  • On the Job: Evil Tom Saga

    journey.tom


  • My Diet blog - hosted by SparkPeople.com
  • blogger.profile
  • my.story
  • AIM: JustCoolTom

    who.said.what


  • Commenter // Comment
  • Blogger Sage_Muse // said...

    previous.journies


  • Doughnuts and pickles...the morning after
  • Why in the world...?
  • On friends...and God
  • Da werld vs God
  • "Yer gettin fat..."
  • Just a few ramblings.
  • Still ceasing...
  • Who did it?
  • Walking into Sin-Mart the other day...
  • dude the water is stale...
  • journies.archive


  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • links.tom


  • My Writings
  • My photography blog
  • Mr. Branch Photography
  • sojourn.community

    links.other


  • The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Relevant Magazine
  • Bible Gateway
  • Bible.com
  • XXX Church
  • Dave Ramsey
  • For Faith and Family
  • Pure Life Ministries

    sojourn.blogs


  • Bobby
  • Paul
  • Jason
  • Lorie
  • Nikki
  • Nick
  • Lindsay
  • Jesse
  • Jessica

    blogs.other


  • Heather Gemmen
  • Joshua Harris
  • Misha
  • Rabby

    blogroll.christian


    Thy way, not mine, O lord


    Thy way, not mine, O Lord,
    However dark it be;
    Lead me by Thine own hand,
    Choose out the path for me.

    Smooth let it be or rough,
    It will be still the best;
    Winding or straight, it leads
    Right onward to Thy rest.

    I dare not choose my lot;
    I would not, if I might;
    Choose Thou for me, my God,
    So I shall walk aright.

    Take Thou my cup, and it
    With joy or sorrow fill,
    As best to Thee may seem;
    Choose Thou my good and ill.

    Choose Thou for me my friends,
    My sickness or my health;
    Choose Thou my cares for me
    My poverty or wealth.

    The kingdom that I seek
    Is Thine: so let the way
    That leads to it be Thine,
    Else I must surely stray.

    Not mine, not mine the choice
    In things or great or small;
    Be Thou my Guide, my Strength
    My Wisdom, and my All.

    ~Horatius Bonar