Doughnuts and pickles...the morning after

Thursday, May 12, 2005
I think that is the last time I eat something that weird before I go to bed. In fact may be last time I eat much of anything before bed. I am afraid one night I will die choking on vomit. As its happening more frequently. I sometimes wake up with something acidic in my throat. Which in some cases causes lots of coughing, and other times I just need to wash it down with a glass or two of water. Then I am fine. This only occurs when I am in bed and I wake up to this. Its hurts more than it is disgusting. But I do fear one day will be bad.

But anyways my dreams are so freakin weird. Last night was a combo of and old sega genesis game Golden Axe, Star wars, and then regular mixing of random stuff. Even in my dream I decided that goofing off and sleeping in a common area, I knew I had no chances with this girl (not for sex, just chances for a relationship/friendship)so I had went into another room and slept by myself. Even in rest I cant escape my weird pshychi. Or weirdness in general.

On a side note I love the warm summer nights, well the coolness that allows me to turn off the air and sleep with windows opened. Oh that feels sooooooooooooo wonderful. I love that. But the freakin 80 degress inthe day turns my place into an oven. But I love the nice cool crisp summer air. Makes me want to go out for a walk. Be nice to take a walk with a girl out in this weather one day. Feel sooooo nice.

But last night I got back onthe scale again. After looking at my weight again it hit me my weight and faith are going through the same thing. In fact I have the title for the next chapter in my book I hope to one day publish. I know I look more like 250, I wished I were. I am more 310. I know there are things I should or could do but I do not do them. Same thing with my faith. I just dont do them. Or I let things go and pretend they all will work themselves out. I am still making some progresses in faith this is true, but however I cannot seem to push through this lil hole in the wall to get to the other side.

This is what discipline is, and from psalms 15:4, to put simply we keep our word even if it will cause us pain. Same thing. I need to let go of somethings and push throough that hole in the wall and its gonna hurt, it's gonna cause suffering, it's gonna require loss and sacrifice, above all it's gonna require change. Knowing that my ways are in need of change for better more positive and health yet I do not do them. And that lack of discipline is a sin. As James tells us.

I guess I still need to be broken. Learning to say no, or learning to deal with less, learning to accept and mot dwell. Well this is where I am. Behind my own back I am rebuilding up the walls that God is helping me tear down. And knowing I do that it's hard to go back to him and ask to help me tear it down some more when only I hang on so tightly those bricks go back up. Not all of them but most of them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sage_Muse said...

Yes, I have something to say about everything...

"I sometimes wake up with something acidic in my throat."

It's probably acid reflux. I had the same problem about 5 years ago. Didn't know it but I had MAJOR gall stone problems. The Dr. put me in surgery the very next day after he examined me. They said I was quite a trooper because apparently my case was pretty bad. I couldn't eat ANYTHING without doubling over in pain. But I would be in pain because I wouldn't eat...catch 22. My dr suggested that I elevate the head of the bed to avoid waking up with that nasty reflux thing. When I had my 3 baby I went through the same thing again. I think I slept sitting up for a while because it got so bad.

Golden Axe...I used to LOVE that game...it rocked!

last but certainly not least...be strong, as i sense through your entries, that you are. Satan seems to find anything to take our eyes off the light. He will find any way possible to derail us from the straight path we try to walk. The Lord works in mysterious ways and Satan finds even more odd approaches to eat away at us, our spirit our soul. I will keep you in my prayers tonight.

Another good book to read...Finding Peace for your Heart by STormie Ormartian...

PS -If you come down to Houston I'll take a walk with you outside...(giggle, giggle!!) ;)

-SM

Thursday, May 12, 2005 10:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

daily.verse

script provided by biblegateway.com

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a Free Online Diet

Special.Collections


  • A Journey Becoming
  • On the Job: Evil Tom Saga

    journey.tom


  • My Diet blog - hosted by SparkPeople.com
  • blogger.profile
  • my.story
  • AIM: JustCoolTom

    who.said.what


  • Commenter // Comment
  • Blogger Sage_Muse // said...

    previous.journies


  • Why in the world...?
  • On friends...and God
  • Da werld vs God
  • "Yer gettin fat..."
  • Just a few ramblings.
  • Still ceasing...
  • Who did it?
  • Walking into Sin-Mart the other day...
  • dude the water is stale...
  • The Man in the mirror revisited
  • journies.archive


  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • links.tom


  • My Writings
  • My photography blog
  • Mr. Branch Photography
  • sojourn.community

    links.other


  • The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Relevant Magazine
  • Bible Gateway
  • Bible.com
  • XXX Church
  • Dave Ramsey
  • For Faith and Family
  • Pure Life Ministries

    sojourn.blogs


  • Bobby
  • Paul
  • Jason
  • Lorie
  • Nikki
  • Nick
  • Lindsay
  • Jesse
  • Jessica

    blogs.other


  • Heather Gemmen
  • Joshua Harris
  • Misha
  • Rabby

    blogroll.christian


    Thy way, not mine, O lord


    Thy way, not mine, O Lord,
    However dark it be;
    Lead me by Thine own hand,
    Choose out the path for me.

    Smooth let it be or rough,
    It will be still the best;
    Winding or straight, it leads
    Right onward to Thy rest.

    I dare not choose my lot;
    I would not, if I might;
    Choose Thou for me, my God,
    So I shall walk aright.

    Take Thou my cup, and it
    With joy or sorrow fill,
    As best to Thee may seem;
    Choose Thou my good and ill.

    Choose Thou for me my friends,
    My sickness or my health;
    Choose Thou my cares for me
    My poverty or wealth.

    The kingdom that I seek
    Is Thine: so let the way
    That leads to it be Thine,
    Else I must surely stray.

    Not mine, not mine the choice
    In things or great or small;
    Be Thou my Guide, my Strength
    My Wisdom, and my All.

    ~Horatius Bonar