More on the dream...

Saturday, April 16, 2005
...Well After reading the passes associated with the devotional and current events at work, I am now really starting to feel the brunt of that message. The dream I am really starting to feel was so much more than a normal dream.

I think It was 2 Kings 20:1,
In those days Hezekiah became ill and was at the point of death. The prophet Isaiah son of Amoz went to him and said, "This is what the LORD says: Put your house in order, because you are going to die; you will not recover." (NIV)

Now I am not thinking it is that literal, but the way of my life, my sins may kill me. I may be on a path of destruction and may not know it or I am blinded that much that I cannot see it. What sins?

Well getting my affairs in order, new job, order amongst chaos, finaces are the big ones. Ya know start becoming more accounible even to myself, trying to be more organized, seeking new job where I can find ways to serve and minister, getting my finances together, but also my health. I have overlooked my health.

Now even if this dream was nothing it's stil a good message. We were never promised a tomorrow and putting off things till the next day, well I will have to work on that for years I am sure. But even at health....I got into work yesterday and found that one guy died. He was still young in his early 50's. I am seeing many go in thier early to mid 50's these days....im scared now. I think its time to try some different things in life to make it past the 50 mark. Now this guy was in decent health. In fact I saw him last week. Was talking to him. He was one of the people I looked forward to seeing with his smile and personality. He is dead now. And from the looks of it his health was much better of than mine, well weight wise.

So I get thins dream, leads me to a devotional, read teh passage, and then find news of this man's death...It's scary when I think of it. But neglecting my body is frightening. It may be creeping up on me. So now mayhaps I should look into this furhter. This is the hard part as every time I have tried to get in shape I fall every time. I just cant do this alone.

Now a new job prospect can help. If I am to get this job I will be on my feet so much more and that will help greatly. The interview went well today, very well actually. So we shall see what comes of it. It will help in more ways than one.

Tomorrow will be the first I have had 2 days off in a row and off after Sojourn. I love this. So maybe I can keep a great mindset after sermon and take it home with me. It is also time to confront my sins. And that also scares the hell out of me, not literally, but figuratively. Scares me to hell would be more like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

daily.verse

script provided by biblegateway.com

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a Free Online Diet

Special.Collections


  • A Journey Becoming
  • On the Job: Evil Tom Saga

    journey.tom


  • My Diet blog - hosted by SparkPeople.com
  • blogger.profile
  • my.story
  • AIM: JustCoolTom

    who.said.what


  • Commenter // Comment

    previous.journies


  • More on relationships and dreaming
  • A dream to relate
  • More on the job...
  • Some notes...
  • The Three knocks have been answered
  • A quickie about work
  • I pray please deliver me
  • Recent observations.....
  • Yet another self imposed challenge?
  • A fun sunday...
  • journies.archive


  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • links.tom


  • My Writings
  • My photography blog
  • Mr. Branch Photography
  • sojourn.community

    links.other


  • The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Relevant Magazine
  • Bible Gateway
  • Bible.com
  • XXX Church
  • Dave Ramsey
  • For Faith and Family
  • Pure Life Ministries

    sojourn.blogs


  • Bobby
  • Paul
  • Jason
  • Lorie
  • Nikki
  • Nick
  • Lindsay
  • Jesse
  • Jessica

    blogs.other


  • Heather Gemmen
  • Joshua Harris
  • Misha
  • Rabby

    blogroll.christian


    Thy way, not mine, O lord


    Thy way, not mine, O Lord,
    However dark it be;
    Lead me by Thine own hand,
    Choose out the path for me.

    Smooth let it be or rough,
    It will be still the best;
    Winding or straight, it leads
    Right onward to Thy rest.

    I dare not choose my lot;
    I would not, if I might;
    Choose Thou for me, my God,
    So I shall walk aright.

    Take Thou my cup, and it
    With joy or sorrow fill,
    As best to Thee may seem;
    Choose Thou my good and ill.

    Choose Thou for me my friends,
    My sickness or my health;
    Choose Thou my cares for me
    My poverty or wealth.

    The kingdom that I seek
    Is Thine: so let the way
    That leads to it be Thine,
    Else I must surely stray.

    Not mine, not mine the choice
    In things or great or small;
    Be Thou my Guide, my Strength
    My Wisdom, and my All.

    ~Horatius Bonar